Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Cry for Help / Sort Of

First, I want to thank all of you who have liked my posts. My hope is that they are informative and can help you in any way. I aspire to help other writers. Why? Because I need help. Quite desperately. This is not a sob story by any stretch of the imagination. We all have our own sob stories, which quite frankly sucks.
I swore upside down and sideways that I would NEVER write a book. I just wasn't cut out for that type of patience or hard work. I don't try to take the easy way out, but I will try to make projects easier for my specialty. 
Well, rather impulsively, I dove in head first. No, actually, I belly-flopped. I wrote 2 e-books and self-published them on Amazon. What was I thinking??
They are both about subjects that I am extremely passionate about, so it really didn't take me too long. Actually, 2 books in 3 days. BUT, keep in mind, they are short non-fiction books. A far cry from a novel to say the least.
One is about writing, and the other, which I'm very proud of, is about family conflict. Real, "no going back" family conflict. 
So, what's my freaking point? I implore you to help me with the sales of my books. It's not going so well, and I am in dire financial straits. Please believe me that I'm in no way asking you to buy a book. All I ask from you is to spread the word to people who may have an interest in those topics.
My first book is entitled, "NOT Another Success Story: Being a Successful Failure". Sounds morbid, but it's really not. The second one is entitled "Family is Not Defined By Blood: When It's Time To Cut Ties". I am proud because of the accomplishment. An accomplishment I never thought I'd achieve.
So, again, my fellow passionate writers, just please spread the word. And, never hesitate to ask me for any help either. Hence the name of my blog: Writers Helping Writers.
Thanks so much for reading. Any feedback is always welcome! 



https://www.facebook.com/writeblogetc/

No comments:

Post a Comment